1
Vote

Conversion from SCORM Package creates a 0KB Manifest

description

On conversion of a SCORM package, the resulting the Common Cartridge .zip contains an empty document for the imsmanifest.xml.

file attachments

comments

icodeon wrote Nov 16, 2009 at 1:32 PM

SCORM content provided ITC, Lithuania - and feedback to ITC.

icodeon wrote Nov 17, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I have had a look at the SCORM package, the one that ended up with an empty manifest file after conversion. It seems that a number of the files have been packaged with a special tool that uses some ‘Giunti-specific’ tags/namespace – xp:hash= for instance. At first I thought that the Giunti-namespace was the problem, but after having experimented with various things such as removing all Giunti-tags etc. I think I have located the problem. If I add the following to the imsmanifest of the SCORM package it seems to be converted correctly – and run correctly in the ICodeon platform (I have uploaded my last two attempts – both seem to work ok – but please check): <manifest identifier="_613" xmlns="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imscp_v1p1" xmlns:adlcp="http://www.adlnet.org/xsd/adlcp_v1p3" … " version="1.0"> After this I added the following: <metadata> <schema>ADL SCORM</schema> <schemaversion>2004 3rd Edition</schemaversion> </metadata> And that seems to be all that is necessary for the conversion to work.

wrote Feb 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM