Supported SCORM Versions

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2008 at 9:31 AM
Edited Sep 23, 2008 at 9:37 AM
Many authoring tools export to SCORM 2004 2nd Edition (the tools have not been updated), so Icodeon is recommending that we support this minor version also. We will also need to support 4th Edition (due November 2008). These minor version differences may have no impact on the manifest transform.  Identifiers for the different versions are:

SCORM 1.2 (may be missing, not mandatory, is optional)

<metadata>
        <schema>ADL SCORM</schema>
        <schemaversion>1.2</schemaversion>
    </metadata>

SCORM 2004 2nd Edition (mandatory)

<metadata>
        <schemaversion>CAM 1.3</schemaversion>
    </metadata>

SCORM 2004 3rd Edition (mandatory)

<metadata>
        <schemaversion>2004 3rd Edition</schemaversion>
    </metadata>

SCORM 2004 4th Edition (not yet known)

Developer
Sep 25, 2008 at 9:07 AM
Just so I am clear - do we want to set the schema and schemaversion in the transform, or just carry the existing values across from the source manifest?
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2008 at 9:27 AM
The above values are the ones we find in the SCORM manifest before the transform, and the optional/mandatory qualifiers are according to SCORM profile, not CC.

Icodeon is assuming that the above values are to be used only for any code branching required either in the scorm2cc XSLT or in the scorm2cc.exe.

Icodeon is not expecting that these values would be carried across from the SCORM manifest to the CC manifest - but for a final, definitive response you will need to check with Kevin Riley. He may see some value in the CC manifest having this metadata included.
Developer
Sep 25, 2008 at 10:43 AM
The CC profile does not specify any mandatory values for these fields, so from my point of view we either move the source values or drop them. I've modified the xslt to drop these values for the time being.

We are producing a second xslt for scorm 2004.
Developer
Sep 25, 2008 at 12:34 PM
Have now uploaded the 2 xslt stylessheets to the xsl directory.

Icodeon code will need to pick up the correct stylesheet for the scorm type present in the source manifest. Let me know if you come across any bugs or other errors in the transforms, my tests here show that we now get output for 2004 via the scorm2004cc xslt.
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2008 at 2:07 PM
Great - thank you for adding the XSLT files to the source tree.

Next step is to run the output of SCORM2CC through the Common Cartridge Test Tool and then open an issue/case for any failures that the tool reports.